Ginger and Apple Carrot Cake (Jasper Cake)
Number of Servings
- 75 grams butter
- 75 grams dark brown sugar
- 50 caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams wheat bran
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 150 grams plain flour
- 75 grams ginger, peeled & grated
- 250 grams carrots, peeled & grated
- 250 grams apples, peeled & cubed
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
- Chop the butter into small cubes into the mixing bowl, and mix in the honey and sugar.
- Break the eggs into the mix, and stir.
- Mix in the wheat bran.
- Measure out the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and ground ginger.
- Mix in bowl, folding everything together.
- Grate the carrots and ginger as coarsely as possible into the spare bowl.
- Chop the peeled and cored apple into half inch cubes.
- Fold in the cubed and grated ingredients in with the rest in the mixing bowl.
- Generously butter the baking tin and pour in the mix.
- Bake in the oven, for 1 hour, a little less if it's fan assisted.
- Allow to cool, cut into slices, and serve with a dollop of yoghurt.