Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Fritters with Apple, Radish, and Basil Salsa
Number of Servings
- 1 head broccoli
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 10g Salt
- 5g pepper
- 150g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 spring onions (chopped)
- 1 red gala apple
- 5 radishes
- 1 spring onion
- 20g basil
- 20 ml cider vinegar
- 75ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop your broccoli into small even sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add salt. Then add your broccoli, and cook for 90s seconds. Remove pot from heat and turn stove off. Strain broccoli and put into cold water to cool and stop cooking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place the flour in the bottom and make a small well in the centre using your whisk. Crack two eggs into the centre, using your whisk break the eggs and gradually bringing in the flour. Add the milk slowly a little at a time until you have a smooth and slightly sticky batter. Season with the salt and pepper, and stir into the batter.
- Chop the spring onions and add to batter Optional chop your wild garlic into strands and add to batter. Next add broccoli and then cheddar cheese and mix.
- Heat a frying pan and add oil. Add one spoonful of batter to pan and cook until golden brown for about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Place cooked fritters on a plate and top with a generous helping of the salsa, serve and enjoy!
Apple, Radish and Basil Salsa
- Chop your apple into small cubes. Place in a bowl
- Chop your radishes into small cubes. Place in bowl with apples
- Chop ends off spring onion, cut lengthwise in half then again so you have quarter and then chop into small pieces and add to bowl
- Chop your basil into small pieces and add to bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Then add apple cider vinegar and olive oil and stir.